How to Sell
WHAT CAN I BRING IN?
Bring in your vehicles both every day and classic, heavy equipment, RVs, snowmobiles, boats, motorcycles, other toys, trailers, etc. Vehicles will be test driven and anything with a motor will be started up to be sure it’s in working condition.
WHO CAN SELL THEIR ITEMS HERE?
We accept consigned vehicles from both dealers and the general public. When bringing in your vehicle to sell, it must be accompanied by a clear title in the seller’s name and be able to have the VIN or identifying number verified.
WHEN DO I NEED TO HAVE IT THERE BY?
Vehicles are accepted Monday through Friday, 8am until 4pm, until the Wednesday before auction OR until the lot fills.
DO I NEED TO LEAVE MY VEHICLE ON SITE FOR THE AUCTION?
All items are required to be here as we hold public preview days the Thursday and Friday before the auction from 8am until 5pm, as well as the morning of the auction from 8am until 9:30am.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SELL MY ITEM IN THE AUCTION?
We charge a flat $100 fee for running a vehicle through the auction. This fee will either be deducted from the consignor’s check or paid when the vehicle is picked up if it doesn’t sell.
CAN I SET A RESERVE OR A MINIMUM ASKING AMOUNT ON MY ITEM?
– Consignors are welcome to set a minimum asking amount on their item.
– If the bidding does not meet this reserve during the auction, the item will not sell. If the item doesn’t sell, the consignor has the option to run the vehicle one more time in the following auction for another $100 fee, or pay the fee and retrieve the item.
– Consignors can attend the auction to protect the reserve, or lower it if the bidding reaches a price they are comfortable with selling it at. PFAA also tries to call consignors not in attendance if the bidding gets close but cannot guarantee this as each lot last roughly 1-2 minutes.
WHEN WILL MY CHECK BE READY?
-Checks are ready for all consignors the Wednesday following the auction.
-Private consignors will need to sign off on their title before receiving their check.
WHAT IS THE TEST DRIVE THAT MY VEHICLE WILL GO ON?
– All vehicles that are entered into the auction have to go on a test drive of up to 40/ 45mph where features of the driving capability are tested. This is a generalized assessment and notations are only made of things that cannot be noticed in a stationary inspection. We do not test all gears or things like cruise control.
– All vehicles are sold in “As-ls” condition with no warranties or guarantees.
We test drive each vehicle looking for issues that cannot be noticed in a stationary inspection. Issues found will be notated in the catalog. All vehicles are sold in “AS-IS condition with no warranties expressed or implied.
We will have your vehicle available for “Preview” on Thursday and Friday prior to auction date, from 8am-5pm. Your vehicle will be run in the auction on Saturday, which begins at 10am sharp.
We charge a flat $100 fee for running your vehicle through the auction. You have the option of being at the auction to “Protect” the price your vehicle brings. If the vehicle sells, the $100 fee will be deducted from your consignors check. If you opt not to sell the vehicle, you must pay the $100 fee and retrieve your vehicle.
We will have your consignors check available for pick up on the Wednesday following the auction. If you prefer, checks can be mailed.